Each year the ITE-ANZ sponsors an Awards program to honour outstanding achievement in transport engineering in Australia and New Zealand. The awards are presented at the President’s Dinner or the Annual Breakfast Meeting.
The award categories are:
- Contribution to the Transport Profession
- Outstanding Service to the ITE
- Sustainable Transport
- Young Professional – sponsored by Lindsay Oxlad
- Emerging Leader – sponsored by Lindsay Oxlad
- SIDRA SOLUTIONS Postgraduate Award
- Trafficworks Student Award
Awards are also presented to Past Presidents.
When warranted, President’s Excellence Awards are sometimes given to people who have made substantial contributions to ITE-ANZ activities.
The ITE Rising Star Award was given to Kenn Beer in 2015, Sara Moridpour in 2016 and Manuel Lawrence in 2019.
The Transportation Safety Council Edmund R. Ricker Award organization award is given to an organization that has provided exemplary support for traffic safety through financial support, public relations, or other means. In 2000 it was awarded to Monash University Accident Research Centre and in 2002 to Austroads.