A generous sponsorship from Austraffic has enabled ITE-ANZ to offer financial support for young members to attend worldwide conferences, meetings or other professional events which would allow them to interact and learn from other professionals. The aim is to contribute to their personal and professional development.
- Applicants must be no more than 35 years old at the time of the event.
- Applicants must be financial members of ITE (Note that membership fees are heavily discounted for students and young members).
- Applicants must declare any other financial support for attending the event.
- The financial support will depend on the merits of the application but will have a limit of up to 75% of the total cost of conference registration, travel expenses and accommodation with a limit of $4000.
- Successful applicants are to prepare a report on their learnings for publication on the ITE-ANZ website within one month of the end of the event, and give a presentation at an ITE-ANZ seminar or similar public forum agreed by ITE-ANZ.
- Applications will be assessed on:
- the relevance to transport issues in Australia and New Zealand
- the reputation of the conference
- the value to the ITE-ANZ and the transport profession
- applicant’s involvement in educational, professional and other activities. Applicants who are, or have been, active in ITE-ANZ activities like the YITE will be given priority.
- Applicants can only receive this grant on one occasion.
ITE Annual Meetings are conducted at international and District levels and attendance at these will be given first priority. Examples of other eligible events which may be supported include IPENZ Conferences in NZ or Australian interstate events.
Submission should include:
- Name, age, contact details, proof of membership and CV.
- Details of conference, meeting or event including dates of travel.
- Details of total costs for registration, accommodation and travel.
- Why you wish to attend this event, your interest in transport and how it would contribute to your personal and professional development.
- Current employment and career aspirations.
- Any supporting statements from employer or other ITE members.
- Involvement in educational, professional or other activities.
- How you will share learnings from the event to satisfy Condition 5 above.
- How you address the above assessment criteria in Condition 6 above.
For further information and submission: email@example.com.
Please share this information with young transport professionals.