Student Leadership Summit
Students, get your tickets to find out where a career in transport can take you tackle a real-world transport problem that could lead you to the opportunity to present your vision for Box Hill Interchange to the City of Whitehorse Council.
Professionals, join the movement and learn from future industry leaders.
All can join us for a night of fun transport trivia and fine dining at Fountains Restaurant from 5:45pm.
Student registration: 10am
Professionals registration: 3:30pm*
Pre-dinner drinks followed by Traffic Bowl (Trivia): 5:45pm
*Professionals’ tickets are valid for the entire conference, with key professional-oriented sessions taking place from 3:30pm
Registration is located in the foyer of the Auditorium, which is in Building Four, Ground Floor.
Access by Public transport
The venue is located one kilometre from Box Hill Central (railway and bus station, Belgrave/Lilydale Lines), and 200 metres from the stop 58 of Route 109 tram (Vermont South).
Please advise if you wish to use a car park.
If you would like assistance to access the venue, please contact email@example.com
History of the SLS
The 2018 ITEANZ Student Leadership summit is a scaled version of the SLS model that Student Chapters of the Institute of Transport Engineers (ITE) initiated in North America in 2012. These summits provide forums for students to practice presenting their research projects, learn about the profession; and network with their peers and professionals. Students and professionals alike have hailed the SLS initiative in North America as a success, in terms of engaging and elevating young leaders in the transportation profession.
Laura Aston, Chair of the ITE-ANZ SLS, recently travelled to Minneapolis to attend the ITE Annual Meeting and Northwestern Districts Student Leadership Summit. Read about her experience in this article.
Laura shares the ITE-ANZ SLS plans with students at the SLS in Minneapolis
It is now time to extend this opportunity to future industry leaders in Australia. While the 2018 summit targets students at Victorian Universities, the ITEANZ is treating it as a pilot with a view to extend the initiative to students across Australia and New Zealand in subsequent years.
The long-term vision for the ITEANZ SLS summits are that they will:
- Foster future transport industry leaders;
- Provide and engaging forum for students; and
- Promote interdisciplinary and interstate connections.
In order to foster future transport industry leaders, the conference is designed to:
- Facilitate discussion on current issues and trends in the transport industry,
- Inspire passion and enthusiasm for pathways in the transportation profession; and
- Provide development opportunities for students through interaction with current professionals.
Furthermore, the conference will provide an engaging forum where students can:
- Meet like-minded students from other universities, disciplines and geographies,
- Present research and project work and receive constructive feedback,
- Pitch unique perspectives and ideas on current issues, providing professionals with new angles for discussion; and
Enjoy interacting in a supportive and unique environment typically not extended to undergraduate students