The forum on cyclist safety was held on Wednesday, 30 November, 2011 at Richmond Town Hall.
- Dr Jan Garrard – Deakin University Marilyn Johnson, MUARC Researcher
- Dr James Taylor – Director of Emergency Services, Sandringham Hospital
- Tracey Gaudry – CEO, Amy Gillett Foundation
- James Holgate – Director – Road User Safety, VicRoads
- Andrew O’Brien – Chairman, O’Brien Traffic
- Garry Brennan – Public Affairs, Bicycle Network Victoria
- Nick Szwed – former Manager Road Safety Engineering, VicRoads.
This Seminar teased out the safety and related issues with respect to cyclist safety and confidence when being overtaken by motor vehicles in light of possible changes to the Road Rules in Australia. ITE ANZ invited presenters from various fields of expertise and advocacy to discuss aspects of the issues.