It takes leaders from a range of professions to move a city! This is why we want to give students an opportunity to hear from four leading transportation professionals, network with other students and professionals, share their insights and tackle a live transportation problem. The SLS is an unmissable event for students looking for career insights, networking and fun
Professionals and academics can…
- Meet potential future employees,
- Impart knowledge and wisdom to the next generation,
- Meet someone who is looking for guidance and mentoring,
- Find out what students of today are doing and thinking; and of course
- Demonstrate your finesse at transportation trivia in a quiz that will take place over a sit-down dinner at Fountains Restaurant at the Box Hill Institute.
The summit and traffic bowl together provide a unique opportunity for professionals to interact with the next generation of leaders in the transportation sector, a highly valuable new addition to the ITE-ANZ calendar.
- Hear from distinguished transportation professionals from a diversity of transportation disciplines and sectors, including
- A keynote address from Anita Curnow, (VicRoads)
- An expert panel, featuring
- Adele McCarthy (Infrastructure Victoria),
- Billie Giles-Corti (RMIT Urban Futures Institute)
- Steve Manders (Jacobs)
- Claire Ferres-Miles (City of Melbourne)
- Vie for the opportunity to present an integrated transit interchange strategy for Box Hill to Whitehorse City Council in the the Strategy Sprint, hosted by the Box Hill Interchange Upgrade Steering Committee (Transport for Victoria, City of Whitehorse and Vicinity). Students will work in small teams to devise a strategic ‘plan on a page’ to address key challenges faced by a real-world project. Teams will pitch their vision to a panel of stakeholders. The winning team(s) will present their strategic plan to a sitting of the City of Whitehorse Council.
- Share their work as posters. Students are encouraged to bring posters that demonstrate their project work or research. Not sure where to start? We have developed guidelines to assist with the development of this; and provide assistance to all registered participants to develop their own poster to share with other students and professionals during the networking breaks
- Network with other students from diverse educational and institutional backgrounds, and with professionals who are also invited to register and attend the latter sessions of the day.
- Compete for transportation trivia glory in the inaugural “traffic bowl which will challenge teams of professionals and students to flex their transportation technical and cultural knowledge in a competitive quiz tournament. The trivia quiz will be staged over dinner at Fountain’s Restaurant at Box Hill Institute.